What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been! Here’s a recap of my wonderful birthday/week/month…
It started with a wonderful dinner at Sambuca planned by my sweet, sweet friends!
Prosecco from mom and dad, a delicious dinner, and even better company kicked off a fabulous celebration.
Oh, and I must add, I am now hooked on cupcakes from The Cupcake Collection– my parents sent them for after-dinner dessert, and good ole’ Gigi’s has nothing on them. If you haven’t been there, GO. Like go today. Do you really need a reason for a cupcake?
Sweet Lemonade Cupcake
My birthday was topped off with a delightful picnic on Love Hill, nothing beats this gorgeous view of the city!
I went home to Cedarburg for the weekend, where my family and I had a wonderful time! We went out to dinner Friday night, dad cooked on Saturday, and we had my whole family over for birthday/graduation/Easter lunch on Sunday. I was spoiled with TWO cakes, one for graduation and one for getting old.
"Preemptive" Graduation Cake
I couldn’t have asked for a better week- I feel so loved…
Feeling the love
…and can’t wait for all the memories and adventures this year will bring!
As you know, Grant’s birthday was last week and I made this cheesecake for dessert… I love ANYTHING birthday related and I’m a big believer that everyone needs a present to open on their birthday, so I wanted to think of something fun, creative, and not so “typical birthday.” The question was, what to do? I decided to put together a “Nashville Birthday Box” full of all sorts of things for us to do together! So, what’s in this box?
- Bottle of Arrington wine from Arrington Vineyards, not too far out of the city. Its a perfect thing to take on a picnic there, considering the weather has been so beautiful!
- Volunteer Traditions Tennessee t-shirt… they have great things representing all of the southern states!
- Giftcard to the Country Music Hall of Fame for 2 tour tickets
- Giftcard to the Yazoo Brewery for 2 tour tickets- a small, local Nashville brewery
- Taco Mamacita giftcard, one of of my favorite Nashville restaurants
- Frothy Monkey giftcard, a great local brunch spot within walking distance from my house
- Of course, nothing is complete without some of mom’s chocolate from her store!
We’ve already gone to the Country Music Hall of Fame and it was fantastic! Such a cool place, a definite Nashville must.
When Mom was in town a few weekends ago, we stumbled upon this FANTASTIC outdoor concert benefiting the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, called Miles and Music for Kids. Why had it taken me so long to come across this great event?? I’m hoping to now make it an annual tradition. It was a picture perfect Sunday afternoon at Riverfront Park, warm and sunny without a cloud in the sky.
Nashville on a wonderful late October day
Dierks Bentley puts this show on each year, with an assortment of featured artists. Highlights of this year’s concert included the Eli Young Band, Charles Kelley from Lady A, Josh Thompson, and so many more!
Just one of the many reasons why Nashville is such a great place to live!
Love when Mom comes to visit!