Growing up, my mom used to make the most scrumptious monster cookies! I remember taking them to pretty much any function that required a treat of some sort. I picked up some spring M&Ms and got to work…
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (I always use a little more)
- 1 12-oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup M&Ms (seasonal, of course!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cook oatmeal (not instant)
- In very large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugars until well blended and creamy. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well, no lumps! Add M&Ms, chocolate chips, baking soda, and oatmeal.
- Once this is all blended, I typically add more M&Ms and chocolate chips than the recipe calls for- be careful… too many and the dough won’t stick together, too few, and its just not as yummy!
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or longer depending how big you make them!
- I typically can get 50-60 cookies out of the batch because I make them smaller so I can justify eating more… But the recipe says it makes about 3 dozen.
Happy Friday and Happy Baking!